- This event has passed.
Wander Out Yonder – Children’s Workshop
Thursday, January 25 @ 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Workshops for children aged 6-12
- We will create a ready to frame image which will be mounted and presented ready to fit easily into an off the shelf frame*
- We will be looking at a range of birds and animals from our local environment.
- We will also spend some time learning about making some of our own painted and printed papers to use in our designs.
WHO IS THIS FOR
- For Arty or Non Arty kids alike in small group class maximum of 10.
- The skills to use over and over.
- Easy to find materials.
- You just need to have the dexterity and eyesight to use scissors* and to follow instructions in English.
* If you believe your child might need some extra help or has any kind of needs please discuss with Fi before booking in.
- All art materials.
- Presentation picture mat mounting and plastic sleeve to keep it looking great or for gifting.
- Use of apron.
WHAT WE DO
- Painted paper collage is a great medium to develop our art skills.
- Fully accessible for all levels, our workshops prime objective is to build creative confidence and learn some new useful skills for self expression. We will be painting, printing, cutting, and sticking.
- If you are interested in crafting, in telling visual stories or creating your own designs you will enjoy this.
ABOUT FI AND HER EXPERIENCE
Fi is a Margaret River Artist who loves sharing, and developing creative thinking across communities both urban and rural. She has been teaching workshops in painting and collage for nearly 10 years. Her work is often used by primary school teachers as inspiration in art class.
These self-funded workshops are being offered to the community with the assistance of Arts Margaret River, The HEART and The Augusta Margaret River Shire.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Participants just need to bring their own snacks (cause snack time is great for kids to have a break) and water.
- Parents will need to leave their mobile number and sign a drop off form before departing.
- Kids will need to stay at the workshop until they are collected by their caregiver.
120 minutes plus some time at the end
Suitable for ages 6-12. Please arrive 15 minutes early.